Annie’s Ace Hardware is looking for outgoing, energetic, detailed oriented individuals for several positions at both of our locations in Brookland and Petworth. We are a locally owned retail hardware store committed to excellent customer service and good community relations. Availability includes both full and part time positions, with the willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Garden Associates Positions
Annie’s Ace Hardware is looking for individuals to fill several Garden Associates positions (Full-time approx. 32-40 hours weekly AND Part-time approx. 15-25 hours weekly). Positions are available at both the Petworth Location (1240 Upshur Street NW) and Brookland Location (3405 8th Street NE).
This candidate should have some knowledge of plants and vegetables, growth, habitat of plants, general care of these plants.
Under the guidance of the Garden Manager, the associate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Successful staging of the garden area, include set up and break down of items in area.
- Daily operation and maintenance of the garden area both inside and outside the store.
- Ability to answer basic questions gardening for customers as it relates to selection, care, & maintenance of seasonal flower and vegetable plants (annual/perennial), indoor plants, tool selection and care, soil/amendment selection, lawn care, etc.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Able to stand for at least 4-6 hours during the shift.
- Also will be expected to perform regular retail duties including, cashiering, answering phones, and assisting customers’ needs within the store.
- Must be energetic, detailed oriented and be able to work both independently and with a team.
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS AND SOME NIGHTS
To Apply, please send resume and 3 references to email@example.com.